3. You have irrational attachments to random numbers because your life is cataloged by postcodes.
4. When Facebook asked you to list a “hometown,” you had a panic attack.
6. You have several close friends, because every new city requires a new crew.
7. The downside is that a significant number of people you care about are always too far away.
8. Your speech incorporates slang from all over the place.
9. And your accent fluctuates daily.
10. So every new acquaintance’s favorite game is trying to guess where you’re from.
And they always lose.
12. You either have a physical version of this, or you can easily envision one in your head.
13. You get incredibly excited when you meet someone else who has moved around a lot.
14. Especially if they’ve been to one of the smaller, more obscure places you’ve lived.
15. Packing quickly and efficiently is your superpower.
16. You’ve taken whole vacations funded entirely by frequent-flier miles.
Because you have more airline miles than real money.
17. You have equally strong allegiances to multiple sports teams, which can be extremely confusing.
18. You were the last of your friends to get a driver’s license, because you were never any one place long enough to do it.
19. You’re a weary veteran of the long-distance relationship.
21. You have unreasonably strong opinions about different airlines.
22. And you have a mental ranking of the best and worst airports.
23. You get restless if you’re ever in the same city for too long.
25. And, at this point, you’re pretty great at making new friends.
26. This is your official theme song.
27. People have tried to give you several labels, but nothing quiiite captures your experience.
Transplant? Third Culture Kid? VAGABOND?