29 Truths About Growing Up In Multiple Cities
3. You have irrational attachments to random numbers because your life is cataloged by postcodes.
4. When Facebook asked you to list a “hometown,” you had a panic attack.
6. You have several close friends, because every new city requires a new crew.
CBS / Via blogdailyherald.com
7. The downside is that a significant number of people you care about are always too far away.
Bravo / Via reddit.com
8. Your speech incorporates slang from all over the place.
Nickelodeon / Via huffingtonpost.com
9. And your accent fluctuates daily.
Lionsgate / Via gifhuboftheuniverse.tumblr.com
10. So every new acquaintance’s favorite game is trying to guess where you’re from.
Paramount Pictures / Via survivingcollege.com
And they always lose.
12. You either have a physical version of this, or you can easily envision one in your head.
13. You get incredibly excited when you meet someone else who has moved around a lot.
Walt Disney Studios / Via northsouthfilm.blogspot.com
14. Especially if they’ve been to one of the smaller, more obscure places you’ve lived.
15. Packing quickly and efficiently is your superpower.
Walt Disney / Via backstage.com
16. You’ve taken whole vacations funded entirely by frequent-flier miles.
Because you have more airline miles than real money.
17. You have equally strong allegiances to multiple sports teams, which can be extremely confusing.
18. You were the last of your friends to get a driver’s license, because you were never any one place long enough to do it.
Columbia Pictures / Via utahcrimlaw.blogspot.com
19. You’re a weary veteran of the long-distance relationship.
New Line Cinema / Via movieroomreviews.com
21. You have unreasonably strong opinions about different airlines.
22. And you have a mental ranking of the best and worst airports.
Paramount Pictures / Via buzzfeed.com
23. You get restless if you’re ever in the same city for too long.
New Line Cinema / Via goodreads.com
25. And, at this point, you’re pretty great at making new friends.
Columbia Pictures / Via fanpop.com
26. This is your official theme song.
27. People have tried to give you several labels, but nothing quiiite captures your experience.
TeenNick / Via degrassi.wikia.com
Transplant? Third Culture Kid? VAGABOND?